Saturday, May 3, 2014

Esperanto Plan (English)

I have 8 more parts of Lernu!'s Bildoj kaj Demandoj. I know there will be a test at the end. I also know while I've learned a lot I've lost some of what I have learned. That said, I think I should gun through and finish Bildoj kaj Demandoj. With that down I know I will have a solid foundation in the basics. I can then go back and review all that I've leanred (its test might be part of the way to do that). After that I probably need to ensure listening and speaking keep some reasonable pace with reading and writing, so I will try some videos (I've already marked one set as read-later that looked promising called Pasporto al la tuta mondo). I may also record a video or two of me just saying something simple in Esperanto (maybe a paragraph about myself or something). Yes, this paragraph was me thinking through typing.

I think I broadly have two goals for the near future:
1 - be able to read the children's book.
2 - be able to hold a small-talk conversation.

My next range of goals are:
1 - be able to read the Esperanto-USA newsletter.
2 - be able to hold a simple conversation (I will try to seek out / create an Esperanto group here. I sent an email out to the Minnesota one nearby but haven't heard back yet).
3 - be able to describe a basic overview of my research in Esperanto.

My longer range goals are:
1 - watch a movie in Esperanto.
2 - read a book in Esperanto.
3- create a poster of my research in Esperanto (potentially to present somewhere?).

What I'm going to do in the short term:
1 - Finish Bildoj kaj Demandoj
2 - Review what I've learned so far (maybe make some tools like flashcards to help too).
3 - Watch a video focused on teaching Esperanto.
4 - Write and record a simple video about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment