Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wednesday Update (English)

Original goals for the week:
I originally posted my goals for the week on r/team_esperanto. They were:

1. Study question words
2. Study prepositions from Bildoj kaj Demandoj.
3. Study common Esperanto words using memrise
4. Do some listening exercises.
5. Make a video introducing myself.

My status on these goals and thoughts:
1. Study question words
I have made flashcards for myself and worked some on this. I'm getting better and will continue to work on it. This will definitely continue to be one of my goals for the week.

2. Study prepositions from Bildoj kaj Demandoj
I made flashcards here but haven't been working through them. I have more prepositions I've been exposed to now, so I don't know whether or not this is a good idea to keep on the list for this week's goals. I'm going to swap this goal out I think.

3. Study some common Esperanto words using memrise
There are way more words there than I thought! I've definitely started but I've only even "planted" 10% of the words on the list. Not something that is easy to pile through the list on. I will continue using this though as I think it is useful but I'm not going to put a specific goal on it.

4. Do some listening exercises
This, beyond what is in "Ana Pana" that works on my computer, I have not done. I have some ideas though.

5. Make a video introducing myself
This I have done.

Wednesday Goal Refresh:
1. Study question words - I should continue using my flashcards and get these words down. It is a forseeable goal.

2. Review "Ana Pana" lessons I've done so far - This last Ana Pana lesson I made a few mistakes. Some were noun declintion, some silly typos. That said the difficulty of it is ramping up fast. I think that I should repeat the lessons that I've done (not the correspondance part though). For the last lesson, I think that I should post my new answers to r/team_esperanto and see how they respond.

3. Continue using "Ana Pana" - I think what I like about the Lernu! is it gives me concrete things to do and I thus feel like I'm making progress. I thus want to continue with "Ana Pana" and maybe continue on to "Mi estas komencanto." That said I don't think I should start this next set of lessons until next week even if I complete "Ana Pana" this week.

4. Listening exercises - One listening exercise I think would be useful would be to go through the "Ana Pana" recordings and type what I hear, and then compare it to the actual text. I should engage listening or else being tossed into conversation won't be easy!

5. Continue using Memrise - I don't think finishing it is on the radar, but maybe trying to get to around 100 words on there both "planted" and continuing to "water" them.

No comments:

Post a Comment